Sunday, January 4, 2015

May 27, 1945


May 27, 1945
949 W 12th St
San Pedro, Calif

Dear Father, Mother and the rest of the folks at home,

Vincent was down this weekend as I believe I wrote he might be in my last letter. Perhaps you know this already since he wrote a letter this morning and we mailed it before church. He got here about 6:45 last night or so just as I was leaving to go down to church to make the bulletin. He looked as brown and ruddy as ever. If he is not leaving a week from Monday he will be down next week-end also.

Mrs. Johnson had company today. Eric Johnson and his family was down from Monrovia. The reason for the visit was that Judith Ann had just had her 4th birthday. One of Mrs. Johnson’s relatives from Pasadena was also down for the day. I wonder sometimes why Mr & Mrs Johnson don’t sell their home and move up there. It certainly would be more pleasant for them. Eric says that every time he come sto San Pedro his opinion of it falls.

Friday night I mowed the lawn as usual. This week I had some additional exercise in that Vincent and I walked out to the beach this afternoon. I am too lazy to exercise unless it is almost forced on me.

Shell Development gets a day of vacation this week on Memorial Day. I am not sure what I am going to do with it but I make take the spark pugs out of my car and clean them. Perhaps they are the reason I get rather poor mileage.

My work continues about as usual. I am doing some work again with silver salts, a resumption of the work I was doing previously. My hands, therefore, bear again the mark of my profession.

Tinberg called last week one night and said that an intern is definitely coming. His name is Roderick Johnson, of whom I have never heard till now. As yet no reply has come from the pastor who was called.

I bought a new pair of pants this week to wear to work. They are sort of a brown, so they won’t show dirt too quick. They cost only $7.90 and they look as if they were pretty good. I notice that the pants now have pleated fronts on them again. I also bought two neckties, which Vincent said he would have like to have worn so you can guess what they were like.

With love
C.P.

No comments:

Post a Comment