Monday, January 5, 2015

June 3, 1945


June 3, 1945
949 W 12th St
San Pedro, Calif.

Dear Mother, Father and the rest of the folks at home,

Vincent was down again this week-end, but he says he will be leaving Malibu Beach sometime this week, so he will not be down again for some time and then probably only if he gets a two-day pass. He arrived last night about seven o’clock, a little later than he had made it before from Santa Monica. Since he said that he didn’t particularly care to go anywhere we just sat around, read, took naps etc Saturday night and Sunday afternoon. I had to go down to church this afternoon since the new pastor at Banning Homes was giving private Communion to an individual and didn’t have any bread or wine, but Vincent staid at Mrs. Johnson’s and slept instead. I took him out to Highway 101 after supper and I suppose he is on the way back to Santa Monica by now. Seeing him these weekends has certainly been wonderful and I know that you would have loved to have been here to see him. All I can say is, he seems to be much the same individual basically as ever — liking to sleep and meeting everything philosophically. He is certainly a brother to be proud of. Every time I see him I feel that it is wrong that he is in the army and I am not.

Today has been a fairly cloudy day most of the time, the clouds not clearing away till after dinner. I got fairly warm when I walked down to church this afternoon tho and I had only a light jacket on. This evening it is fairly chilly again tho.

This morning, Lester Jones preached down at church. He is a layman from Glendale who does this kind of thing fairly regularly. Our student should be coming this week, probably on the 6th. He will be staying with the Neiburgs, altho the live rather far from the church. Nothing has been heard from the pastor who was called yet.

My work continues about as usual. Right now I regard it neither with enthusiasm or distaste. It’s just there mostly.

My cold seems to be a little better tonite but my stomach wasn;t feeling too good. Perhaps when the weather warms up, I will begin to feel better.

That’s all for now.

With love
C.P.


No comments:

Post a Comment