Friday, January 23, 2015

December 19, 1945


December 19, 1945
1046 W 24th St
San Pedro, Calif

Dear Father, Mother and the rest of the folks at home,

In case this letter reaches you in time, I hope you have a very merry Christmas as no doubt you will have if Ann Marie is still around. If it doesn’t reach you in time I hope that you will have had one. I received the package from home today. It came thru safe and sound. To date I have also received greeting from Grandmother, Aunt Esther and Uncle Lawrence’s as well as from various people here in Calif.

Ann Marie certainly looks learned and dignified leafing thru that great big book, as shown in the snapshot you sent mother. Don’t forget to send the rest of them too, at least for a look at them if not to keep. Her hair has certainly grown at a considerable rate since I saw her, because she seems to have quite a bit on the picture. A penny for your thoughts, Ann Marie! What are you thinking about anyway?

The eclipse of the moon last night turned out fairly well. It was quite cloudy till about 6 or 6:15 but obligingly cleared off thereafter so that the movement of the shadow of the earth off the moon could be plainly seen. The moon was never completely invisible in that you could detect its outline even when the eclipse was total, but it was much paler than it ordinarily would be. I can’t recall having watched a lunar eclipse before so it was quite intriguing.

A.J. was down this week as I mentioned he would be, but he didn’t get here on Monday. I saw and talked to him today but he won’t know till after the first of the year on the transfer. He gave a reasonable enough explanation as to why no action has occurred but somehow or other I still get the impression that I am being given the run-around. I am beginning to feel that if I am to get back to the midwest, it won’t be by a transfer.

Since the bonds I asked about awhile back seem to be o.k., you don’t need to send them out. Evidently only some of them issued during the month were not correctly made out and I didn’t get any of them.

I can’t think of much more to write about so

Merry Ch

No comments:

Post a Comment