Saturday, January 3, 2015

May 23, 1945


May 23, 1945
949 W 12th St
San Pedro, Calif

Dear Father, Mother and the rest of the folks at home,

I am tired and disgusted tonite. I have been having a little cold and so I haven’t been feeling too good today. At work the lot was fairly crowded today mostly with people not doing much of anything except standing around. That of course in addition to arousing my dislike for people in general also lowered my opinion of Shell Development some more. Then on the way home tonite the shipyard traffic was more stupid and reckless than usual, if such a thing is impossible. Finally to cap it off I got so tired of waiting for a shiftless waitress to notice I was there at Thrifty’s that I left. I’ll have to get some supper after I have had my music lesson. I don’t feel in the mood for it — but I guess I’ll take it anyway. Maybe tomorrow will be a better day. I hope so anyway.

Monday night there was a meeting of the Banning Homes committee out at Banning Homes. The committee was introduced to the new pastor in charge out there. He is a just ordained WLC pastor by the name of Hintz. The Clausons are leaving Sunday and are spending a couple of days at Yosemite enroute.

The weather has been fair the last couple of days here. Yesterday it was foggy in the morning but cleared off before 8 am. It has remained rather cool tho most of the time.

I got a letter from Tinberg the other day in which he says that maybe we won’t get a student after all. If we do not I certainly wonder what is going to happen here. Samuelson will not be able to be here during June since he will be alone at the Service Center and can’t leave to come down here on that account.

Vincent writes and says that he will be coming down this weekend again if he can get off. I certainly hope he does since it is so nice to see him.

This is all for now.

With love
C.P.


No comments:

Post a Comment