Wednesday, November 26, 2014

October 5, 1944


Oct 5, 1944
949 W 12th St
San Pedro, Calif

Dear Father,Mother and the rest of the folks at home,

I didn’t get around to writing home yesterday so I will write before I leave for work this morning so that the letter will not be too late getting off. Yesterday after dinner I sat and talked with Mrs. Johnson for awhile, then I drew and loafed around for awhile. Then I was intending to practice my music lesson some, but right after I started, some company came and I didn’t do it. The company were some people that knew Lester Peterson’s in Odebolt and I guess Mrs. Johnson knew them too. He used to be a barber in Odebolt but came to California to work in the shipyards. He got a doctor’s release because of his health tho and is back at his original trade. After that it was time to go to church and after church I went to bed, so I didn’t seem to have an opportunity to get this written yesterday afternoon when I had originally intended to.

I got a letter from Vincent a couple of days ago. He says that is is thinking of going to school and taking up electrical engineering when he does. I knew from the letters you had sent on that he had been investigating the possibility but this is the first time I had heard of a specific aim in his projected schooling. I wrote to him in reply — the first letter in quite sometime I am afraid.

Calif. weather has been sort of cool and dampish lately, very definitely fall weather and a prelude to the rainy season. If it continues as it has this year, the winter here should be fairly chilly at times.

My work progresses about as usual which indicated my attitude towards it.

Mrs. Johnson was down to the doctor the other day and found out that her blood pressure was up to 180, so she has to take things a little easier and not do all the things she has in the past. Mr. Johnson, however, is organically sound if it were not for his nervousness and poor muscular control.

Tonite is Luther League cabinet meeting at Pastor Wellington’s. Mrs. Wellington and Kathryn Anne were at church Sunday evening but not in the morning. The baby sleeps at night now since they made a change from Karo syrup to some stuff they get at the drug store. Its eyes are very bright but I don’t know how much it actually notices.

Well, I must be on my way.

With love
C.P.


No comments:

Post a Comment