Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Monday, November 4, 1946


Nov 4, 1946
664 W 13th
San Pedro, Calif

Dear Father, Mother and the rest of the folks at home,

I didn’t get the usual Sunday letter written last night so I’ll get off a few lines before I leave for work this morning. It is clear and cold this morning — much like yesterday but it will probably warm up, also like yesterday. I heard on the radio last night that frost warnings for the L.A. area were going to be broadcast so it must have been expected to be cold anyway. Saturday was really a miserable day. It blew hard all day from inland bringing with it clouds of dust so that the sun scarcely shone at all. By evening it had quieted down some and cleared up.

Well, not much has happened since I wrote you last. Friday was a usual working day. In the evening I practiced for awhile but didn’t feel like doing much. Saturday I got up at the usual time, went down to church and practiced for awhile, went down town, had breakfast, got some clothes at the cleaners, went to the bank & performed various miscellaneous errands. In the afternoon I had a music lesson & in the evening my music teacher asked me up with some other pupils to hear some Beethoven records she had just got. Afterwards a discussion on world problems developed & I didn’t get home till about one o’clock.

As a consequence I was rather listless yesterday. I woke up about 7 and couldn’t go back to sleep so I got up & read till church-time. After breakfast & church I practiced till about 4:45 went home & listened to Fred Allen, had supper & went to bed. I sure felt like I needed it; I guess I can’t stand the pace like Marold can. In a vacant lot nearby the Boys’ Club of San Pedro was holding some kind of a moneymaking scheme with a couple of loudspeakers blaring out music & talking but it didn’t prevent me from going to sleep immediately.

This is all the new for now so I’ll stop.

With love
C.P.


No comments:

Post a Comment