Monday, March 9, 2015

September 26, 1946


Sept 26, 1946
664 W 13th
San Pedro, Calif

Dear Father, Mother & the rest of the folks at home,

It has been warm today and it was warm yesterday; probably it will be warm tomorrow. I guess it is very unlike the cool, rainy weather you have been having at home; it certainly doesn’t feel like freezing here. This morning it was quite foggy & I thought it would stay cool but the fog cleared off rapidly and it warmed up quickly.

This week I have been report writing except for a short time Monday morning and awhile this afternoon. I will be doing that type of work for the next couple of weeks I guess. Things proceed more or less smoothly and not much of event has occurred.

Monday night I went down to church & practice awhile since Kenneth Nyquist who usually practices there in the evenings was taking a lesson. I called up my teacher and she said it would be o.k. to practice at the Norwegian Church, but that I would have to get a key made. I thought I’d put it off till Saturday, since I can squeeze in a couple of practices down at our church the latter part of this week so would not have to go up there to get any practicing done. I hope that I will be able to get into a regulr routine of practice now that I have located a piano.

Tuesday night I went to a show — “The Kid from Brooklyn” — with Danny Kaye in it. It was fairly funny but not as good as some of his previous pictures. 


Last night I went to a Sunday School Teacher’s meeting. After the meeting, coffee was served and, as usual, I drank some. It certainly made me wakeful all night tho. I have noticed this tendency before and I guess I will have to stop f=drinking coffee in the evening. The meeting was fairly good but a trifle draggy.

I guess that aside from the foregoing I have only ate, slept and transported myself between palces so far this week. Oh yes, I did draw a greeting card for a fellow out at work who had gotten married and for whom a collection had been received. I thought I did a pretty good job on it, but I have have only been prejudiced in the matter.

I suppose Verner has plenty of time to wonder how the Cardinals are going to come out in the pennant race. It certainly is a see-saw battle. I got to talking to the fellow with whom I rise to work & he says that out at Ft. MacArthur field here in San Pedro they have baseball games on Sunday afternoons most of the winter which are pretty good because some Coast League Players keep in practice during the winter by playing in such games. Maybe I will have to go out to see one sometime.

This is al

No comments:

Post a Comment