Thursday, April 2, 2015

Monday, November 4, 1946


Nov 4, 1946
664 W 13th
San Pedro, Calif

Dear Father & Mother and the rest of the folks at home,

Last night the clouds rolled in from the sea and along in the evening it began to rain. I had gone to a show & when I got out about ten o’clock it had let up but it started in soon after I got back to my room. This morning it isn’t raining but it sounds quite blustery outside; quite as tho it would be nice to stay inside all day. It was warmer last night when it began to rain but it is chilly again this morning.

Life has continued as usual since I wrote Monday morning. Each evening I have been practicing except last night when I decided to take a vacation & go to a show. My work is also coming along pretty good — I am sort of winding things up preparing to leave. I will probably be leaving the Saturday night before Thanksgiving; to date I haven’t investigated any means of shipping my stuff up there. I believe I will have to purchase another trunk or get ahold of a large wooden box in which to put my books.

I also went to the library last night and read awhile, mostly in periodicals. I had finished the book on philosophy by Durant that I had been reading & brought it back. This book had been, with a few minor exceptions, read entirely on the way to & from work and while eating breakfast & supper. At home there are usually other books to read so I utilized the aforementioned time to get it read. It probably helped my digestion.

Yesterday two letters arrived, one from Vivian & one from mother. I don’t know what to say about your proposal to come home over Christmas, mother. It would certainly be nice to be home, eat gryn, Swedish cookies etc etc, go to Julotta, and take part in the other Christmas festivities — to say nothing of seeing all the folks and the children. However, I don’t know if it will be possible. if I had been staying in this vicinity I certainly think that I would have make tentative plans to go, but since I am moving the situation is slightly different. I haven’t decided tho and will mull the matter over in my mind for awhile.

Well that’s about all for now,

With love
C.P.

P.S. I guess you’re really happy that the furnace is getting installed. It is indeed fortunate that the weather has been clement so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment