Friday, April 3, 2015

Thursday, April 24, 1947


April 24, 1947
Berkeley, Calif

Dear Father, Mother and the rest of the folks at home,

This week has certainly been cloudy and cool. I guess tho that the rainy season must be past since it didn’t rain despite the cloudy weather. Frank says that out where he lives (about a mile or so from the ocean shore) the fog has started to come in in the evenings, a sign of summer there. Her ein Berkeley it hasn’t been foggy however. I hope that it has warmed up and become springlike at home so that the farmers have an opportunity to get finished with their spring work.

As you mentioned in your last letter, mother, I suppose it is a curious feeling to think that you will be moving back to town soon. Just think, you won’t have all those strawberries & raspberries, chickens etc etc. You won’t have Mrs. Griffith to talk to altho doubtless there will be others in town. It will seem strange coming home to you there too. I don’t think I’ve been inside the house there since we left. not even when I was helping paint the barn did I go in.

This week has passed along fairly uneventfully. Tuesday night I went to class as usual. We had a test and I certainly made a miserable showing. I’ll have to try to do better in the next test. I guess I’ve been out of school too long to know how to do well in them. Last night I went to an illustrated lecture at Wheeler auditorium. It was part of a naturalist travelog & was fairly interesting. Before going I had supper with Frank in S.F.

I haven’t transferred my church membership here. As I believe I mentioned before I am not at all sure what I want to do with it. I suppose I shouldn’t leave it in San Pedro, but on the other hand there is no place here that I want to join. I guess tho I’ll have to decide before long. My initial impression of the minister hasn’t changed and aside from Sunday services when I usually don’t meet or talk to any of them I have no contact with any of the members.

This is about all for now

With love
C.P.

No comments:

Post a Comment