Saturday, December 27, 2014

March 27, 1945: A letter from Vincent


March 27, 1945
Fresno, Calif.

Dear Carl,

I suppose Mom has told you that I was coming out here. Well I’m here, about 7 miles north of Fresno. We got in on Sunday morning about 10:00. Took the Santa Fe from Chicago.

It looks as if my chances for seeing you will be pretty good. I’m free every weekend from 5:30 Saturday till Monday morning and also have a chance for a three day pass. As soon as I find out definitely what we’re going to be doing here and about how long we’ll stay I’ll try to make arrangements to come down some week-end. I think it best I do the traveling since Fresno is packed on weekends.

I can see what you love about this lovely California weather. It’s rained two out of the three days we’ve been here. We haven’t done much yet but loaf around. As everywhere else in the army the general
trend is to keep you guessing as to what you’re going to do. It seems likely we’ll get some operational training from here. Don’t know how long I’ll be here either.

Thought I’d just drop you a note to let you know I’m here. Hope to be seeing you one of the coming weekends.

Love,
Vincent

No comments:

Post a Comment