Thursday, December 11, 2014

February 14, 1945


February 14, 1945
949 W 12th St
San Pedro Calif

Dear Father, Mother, and the rest of the folks at home,

Well, for the last two days it has certainly looked like rain in sunny southern Calif but it has not done anything about it except look like it. Tonite it appears to be clearing tho so perhaps we shall have clear weather for awhile. If it doesn’t start to rain soon this may turn out to be a record dry year for Los Angeles and vicinity.

Ann Marie’s pictures arrived on Monday. They certainly were very nice and very welcome. Sometimes I think I shall have to take my vacation sooner than next Christmas in order to see her. She looks eery bit as sweet as Kathryn Ann did, and I think she smiles wider smiles too. I guess Al will be really happy to get them.

I got two other letters on Monday, mother’s usual one and one from Pastor Wellington. They had a nice trip east and are fairly settled now. Kathryn Ann had caught a little cold. The parsonage there is larg and I guess the furniture they took along from Calif looks lost in it.

My work continues about as usual. There is another scare about the draft going around again. I do not know whether it is serious or not.

I saw a show over the weekend — Bob Hope in “The Princess and the Pirate” and it was really funny altho not as funny as some of his previous pictures. Dwight saw it also and he too thought it was pretty good. The companion feature was so-so in my opinion, but Dwight thought it strictly stinko.

Tonite the Board met briefly down at church to consider the letter to be mailed to the congregational members before the special congregational meeting next Feb 27. I am certainly wondering how things will turn out that night.

As you say, you might as well keep the typewriter till later in the spring. I don’t need it in my work, but wanted it only as a convenience. Perhaps if I am drafted it would be nicer to have it back home since it is sort of clumsy to ship.

It is after ten now and I am sleepy, so I shall stop.

With love
C.P.

P.S. I am enclosing Uncle Carl’s check.


No comments:

Post a Comment