Wednesday, December 10, 2014

February 7, 1945


February 7, 1945
949 W 12th St
San Pedro, Calif

Dear Father, Mother and the rest of the folks at home,

Calif has turned out a very warm day today — the warmest we have had for a long time. It must have been up to between 70 or 80°F but I didn’t look to see. It was also clear most of the day. It was the kind of a day that makes you feel sort of lazy but I managed to get a fair amount of work done anyway. Monday and Tuesday it almost looked as tho it might rain but it didn’t. Both days I assumed it wouldn’t and didn’t wear my raincoat, but such action was really too optimistic altho o.k. this time.

Last night was Luther League. It wasn’t too good a meeting. I am amazed sometimes how stupid people are. One boy in high school had brought his algebra book along and another boy (about 20 or so who has been out of high school for awhile) was working a problem for him. He took 15 minutes to do it and covered a whole sheet of paper with calculations when 2 lines would have sufficed. I don’t want to seem stuck-up but I think I am wasting my time when I associate with such people. Well, anyway the people who were supposed to be on the program showed up rather absently so the meeting didn’t amount to much.

I am going to have to go to a dentist pretty soon. I think another wisdom tooth is coming thru. I have also examined my teeth as well as I can in the mirror and there is another tooth that needs some filling. As soon as I can locate a good dentist I shall try to get an appointment. Most dentists here are false-teeth fiends whose one desire is to equip you with them, so it is best to avoid them. Their work other than pulling of teeth is poorly done. I’d thought some of waiting till I got home on vacation but that seem rather far off yet.

My cold has improved somewhat but it still hangs on. I think I have had more colds this winter than I have ever hd before — a commentary on California.

My work continues almost as usual.

The Gowrie News came today as it usually does on the average. Altho I read it fairly thoroly I must have missed the item about Vernon S. being injured, because I can’t recall reading of it.

I am duly complimented by being informed of the opinion that Ann Marie resembles me. It arouses my interest all the further in how she looks now, now that my vanity is also involved.

with love
C.P.

P.S. I got to use up these envelopes so you’ll be getting them for awhile.


No comments:

Post a Comment