Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Shell Emblem Cuff LInks

I don’t much care for jewelry and have never used a ring for example as an adult. I think I did use some sort of cheap ring as a child for a time. Shell would give its employees little emblems in the shape of a pecten shell on their tenth anniversaries and on succeeding 15th, 20th, etc. anniversaries.



Jean had mine for my ten- and fifteen-year milestones make into cuff links that I used until they were stolen from our car in 1978 as it was parked in Golden Gate Park in San Francisco. I contacted Shell to see if I could buy replacements but I was informed that the design was no longer in use or available. I have in the safe deposit box the emblems for 20, 25 and 30 years of employment at Shell.

One of the Shell alumni in our little group of retirees was in middle management at Shell and in connection with this had received over the years several sets of Shell emblem cuff links. He gave me a set which I used for a while on the rare occasions when I would use a shirt requiring cuff links. I lost one of the pair so I used a pair that one of my daughters had made either in school or Camp Fire. After the two strokes I have had we no longer attend church which was the only place I would wear a suit or a shirt using cuff links so I no longer have any possible use for cuff links.

No comments:

Post a Comment